Dance Medicine — Guidelines
Dance Medicine is a conscious dance practice. The following guidelines create a movement environment that allows both individuals and the group as a whole to move toward awareness and presence.
- • Practice being mindful in your movement
- • Movement with others is always completely consensual
- • Whenever possible arrive before 7:30 and stay until we finish at 9:00
- • No prior experience is necessary
- • No talking on the dance floor.
- • Please be sure to silence your cell phones or leave them in the foyer.
- • Laughing, singing and expressions of enthusiasm are welcome as long as you are mindful of the group as a whole.
- • You have a right and a responsibility to maintain your personal boundaries
- • Be mindful of the proximity of others
- • No photos or video allowed
- • No alcohol or drugs
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT ::
- • No shoes on the dance floor (dance shoes okay)
- • Dance Medicine is a scent free environment. Please no perfumes or essential oils
- • Ages 13 +